Sunday 26 January 2014

Playlist: Tribute To Afsarah Eden



Since Star Trek: Voyager – Protectors comes out in two days, I’ve started re-reading the previous volumes. I’ve seen people making playlists like this on Tumblr; I wish I could create beautiful graphics like they do, but all I have is the lyrics – and they are, after all, the most important part.
Again, spoiler alert for The Eternal Tide.

1. “Dance With My Father” by Luther Vandross

Back when I was a child, before life removed all the innocence,
my father would lift me high and dance with my mother and me and then
spin me around ‘til I fell asleep,
then up the stairs he would carry me
and I knew for sure I was loved …
If I could get another chance, another walk, another dance with him,
I’d play a song that would never, ever end -
how I’d love, love, love
to dance with my father again.

2. “Suddenly I See” by K. T. Tunstall

Her face is a map of the world, is a map of the world.
You can see she's a beautiful girl, she's a beautiful girl
and everything around her is a silver pool of light.
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it;
it makes you calm.
She holds you captivated in her palm.

Suddenly I see (suddenly I see):
This is what I wanna be.
Suddenly I see (suddenly I see)
why the hell it means so much to me.

3. “Rolling In The Deep” by Adele

There's a fire starting in my heart,
reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark.
Finally I can see you crystal clear -
go ahead and sell me out, and I'll lay your s**t bare.
See how I'll leave with every piece of you.
Don't underestimate the things that I will do.
There's a fire starting in my heart,
reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark.

4. “Somebody That I Used To Know” by Gotye

[Kimbra:]
Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over,
but had me believing it was always something that I'd done.
But I don't wanna live that way,
reading into every word you say.
You said that you could let it go
and I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know -

[Gotye:]
- but you didn't have to cut me off,
make out like it never happened and that we were nothing!
And I don't even need your love,
but you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough.
No, you didn't have to stoop so low,
have your friends collect your records and then change your number!
I guess that I don't need that, though -
now you're just somebody that I used to know.

5. “Your Guardian Angel” by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Seasons are changing and waves are crashing
and stars are falling all for us.
Days grow longer and nights grow shorter,
I can show you I'll be the one.

I will never let you fall (let you fall),
I'll stand up with you forever.
I'll be there for you through it all (through it all.),
even if saving you sends me to heaven.

6. “Shake It Out” by Florence + The Machine

And I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't,
so here's to drinks in the dark at the end of my road.
And I'm ready to suffer and I'm ready to hope;
it's a shot in the dark aimed right at my throat.
'Cause looking for heaven, found the devil in me -
Looking for heaven, found the devil in me.
Well, what the hell … I'm gonna let it happen … to me, yeah …

7. “A Flower Tells A Story” by Katherine Jenkins

A flower tells of lights dimmed early,
of a star burned out too young:
a story of a hero
too often left unsung.
(…)
I thank you for the gift to us,
the greatest there can be:
Your courage when you fought for liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment