Saturday 18 January 2014

New Year's Anticipations

New Year's Resolutions can be frustrating, can't they? Exercise. Go on a diet. Be confident. They only make us feel worse if we find ourselves unable to keep them. If we do keep them, of course, congratulations are in order - but I prefer to think of what I'm looking forward to in the new year, and how I intend to enjoy it. (I do have some resolutions, of course, but they're rather private - it's enough to say that they're the reason I'm opening this blog in the first place.

1. University
I've already attended one (see my profile), but that was in my home city, while I lived - and still live - with my parents. Much as I love my home, this year I'm moving out. I intend to take my first steps toward independence,  no matter how slow, and the time away will make me love Montreal even more.

2. Vacation to Germany
My aunt is turning 50 this summer, and we're traveling to our ancestral grounds on the island of RĂ¼gen to celebrate. It's a lovely place, and my aunt is someone I've always looked up to, the more so as she's a fellow writer.

3. New Books
Naturally. Here are some examples of the new publications of 2014 that I can't wait to read:
  • Lost Lake, by Sarah Addison Allen
  • Star Trek: Voyager - Protectors, by Kirsten Beyer
  • Infinite (Newsoul #3), by Jodi Meadows
  • Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3), by Marissa Meyer
... and that's only in the next month!
Please stay tuned for any upcoming reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment