Wednesday 11 January 2017

Playlist: The Look of Love

This is a fan tribute to The Look of Love by Sarah Jio, which I recently reviewed.

I coloured the different songs according to John Lee's Six Love Styles, the theory which inspired the novel.

All song lyrics quoted belong to their respective artists and recording companies. Any translations of German lyrics are mine.

All images were found on Google and labeled for reuse.

Caution: Lyrics may imply spoilers about the novel's plot.



Josh/Katie
(Eros: Lust)
"When my legs don't work like they used to before
and I can't sweep you off of your feet,
will my mouth still remember the taste of your love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?"
- Ed Sheeran, "Thinking Out Loud"



Mary/Luca
(Agape: Unconditional Love)
 "I don't mind spending every day
out in your corner in the pouring rain.
Look for the girl with the broken smile.
Ask her if she wants to stay a while.
- Maroon 5, "She Will Be Loved"



Mel/Vivian
(Storge: Friendship)
"I've been spending the last eight months
thinking all love ever does
is break and burn and end - 
but on a Wednesday, in a cafe,
I watched it begin again."
- Taylor Swift, "Begin Again"


Charles/Elaine/Matthew
(Pragma: Rational Love)
"How can you just up and walk away
and look me in the eye and say
you did it all for love?"
"What was I supposed to do?
Falling out can be so cruel,
but I just can't ignore the truth."
- Lady Antebellum, "All For Love"


Lo/Grant/Jennifer
(Ludus: The Game of Love)
"Objection! I don't wanna be the exception
to get a bit of your attention.
I love you for free and I'm not your mother
but you don't even bother.
Objection! I'm tired of this triangle,
got dizzy dancing tango.
I'm falling apart in your hands again.
No way - I've got to get away."
- Shakira, "Objection"



Flynn/Celeste
(Mania: Obsession)
“When you can't sleep at night, you turn towards me
and I cool your forehead without knowing about your fever
and the same yellow carnations wilt on the walls
and you cry as if from another country … ”         
- City, “Wand an Wand” (“Wall to Wall”)







Jane/Cam


"Whatever you think, wherever this is going,
whatever we feel (maybe it's just an illusion),
you've been a gift since I first met you.
Since I first met you, I wear joy in my eyes."
- Herbert Groenemeyer, "Glueck im Blick" ("Joy In My Eyes")

No comments:

Post a Comment